Followers

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Gossip

Good Morning all my blogging Friends.
 
Lately I have been seriously sensitive to gossip & slander; so this will be a little long. :)
Telephones remind me of gossip, this one is from Flourishes. Gossip and slander seems to be the conversation of today. I was in a prayer group and before it started a sister began to slander the pastor, I stopped it immediately and she remained quiet. My grandmother used to tell us, if you can't say something nice don't say anything. 

Proverbs 16:27-28 A worthless man digs up evil, While his words are like scorching fire. A perverse man spreads strife, And a slanderer separates intimate friends. (A slanderer is worthless and perverse -- spreading strife.) 

Mat 12:36  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

On my job we are called to be peace makers, and when someone comes to me with trash I kindly rebuke them and remind them, "How is this edifying some one?"  If our words can not bring peace, uplift, build up, then we do not need to say anything.  And mind you, this is going on with people who claim to be Christians.

As I remind myself of Mat. that on the day of judgement, every idle word I speak is waiting for me to accuse or release me. I do not want to be ashamed on that day before my Savior.

I received this in the mail from Worthy News yesterday and it brings home what Satan is trying to do among the saints.

One day, a hungry lion who lived nearby spotted these four friends and became determined to catch one. He was no match for all four of them at once, so he would follow them and watch carefully, hoping to catch one alone. Every time he saw one lagging the least bit behind, he would sneak up and whisper to him that the others had been saying unkind things about him. This, he did with each bull until finally all four began to feel suspicious and uneasy around one another. Each thought that the other three were plotting against him.
When the lion succeeded in breaking the trust among them, the bulls went their separate ways....... and one by one, he devoured them.

I'm sure you can see the analogy here. The enemy would love nothing more than to divide us and break the trust among us in the body of Messiah. He knows full well that if he can just get us separated, he can come in for the kill! 


Well that is it for me, have a blessed day.
 

31 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful post today, Becky! Your card is delightful :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card Becky. I am a prayer group member also. I have little support for my blog within the group and I'm sure there are things said about it but there is much support for it with believers out there so it bothers me little. Getting the word out and providing incentive to consider our Christianity is important to me. TFS.

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Becky and wise words!

Angela said...

Becky, these are all wonderful verses and words to live by. Thank you for the reminder to be kind. Your card is beautifully uplifting too!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a wonderful post and card, Becky. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom.

jimlynn said...

My dad always said the exact same thing about saying something nice, etc...and I totally agree!
Love this card too! The image is so pretty and love the color you used for the telephone.
Lynn

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Becky.

I enjoyed reading your post today. This happens in so many places....reminds me of politics and turning all classes against each other for their own gain.

Terry said...

Cute card, Becky. I enjoyed your post. I think if more people took time to remember how gossip makes them feel, they wouldn't do it. I try to steer people toward positive thoughts and being thankful. We're all works in progress. :-)

Maxine D said...

Wise word Becky - and I fully agree with you!
Love your card - it's a sweetie.
Blessings
Maxine

The Polka Dot Closet said...

AMEN Becky!

Carol

Donna Heber said...

Becky,

The telephone image on your card is adorable! I wish you could come to my employment for a day and straighten out the women and gossip. As a matter of fact, the last card I posted on my blog (the white & purple one) I gave to a co-worker who opened it up took out the gift card and tossed the card in the trash with the garbage. I didn't even get a thank you. People can be so hurtful.

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card today, and so appropriate with the (as someone said in a comment before me) wise words you have shared today!

Olga said...

I love this, it's gorgeous, so sorry I'm so far behind. I think I passed myself earlier, hope to do better in the commenting department!!!!!

Caroline D. said...

Gossip does no one good. Sadly, the people who spread it are usually just trying to make themselves look and feel better in their own little mind.

Your card is beautiful and I really like the recurring circle theme going on with all the elements, embossing and die cuts!! thanks for sharing!

Jani Lewis said...

Your words are so true. Great story and pretty card.

Ann said...

Wonderful card, I just love those vintage phones. But I love antiques so that makes it easy.

Lynn McAuley said...

A truth we all need to hear, Becky!

Sweet card!

Nancy said...

Great card. I like the border punch you used.

Tracy said...

Wow that is such a great analogy Becky. Your telephone card is wonderful and unfortunately a very apt reminder about gossip. Like the old telephone game, the end message is usually never what it started out as. Best thing, never start it at all. Yay to you for standing up. Hugs!

Mau xx said...

Wonderful words as always Becky, and so true, we were all brought up with that saying ringing in our ears from Mum.
Love the card.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Heather said...

Hi Becky, a gorgeous card - I love the spotted embossed background and a delightful image......your embossed background is stunning!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Thank you for sharing this card and for reminding each of us to be kind in all we do. Gossip or unkind words can hurt more than we can imagine. I continue to pray that I leave peace and joy and that I can comfort those who are hurting. Blessings to you!

Karen said...

A beautiful and thought provoking post Becky. Your card is fabulous and I love the bright colours

Diane said...

Love the colors and card Becky.

Hugs Diane

Marie Gamber said...

Your card is very beautiful and reminds me of the beauty of Spring!
I am sorry you had to witness the negative energy in your group! You are a strong woman!
Hugs,
Marie

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing! I couldn't agree more! Love the embossed background and fancy punched border!

Curt in Indy said...

Good stuff to think about from a very good person. Your card image was perfect for your message today. Nicely done. Hugs, Curt

Pat (mspfd) said...

How you are doing well and enjoying the warmer temps. Lots of rain here... at least it's not snow or ice... so I am thankful!

redwasher1 said...

Becky, your card is beautiful and thanks for this good reminder!!!

Diane said...

Beautiful card Becky love all the elements.

Hugs Diane

Cheri said...

Gorgeous card, Becky and worthy message. So nice of you to stop by my blog today and leave your sweet message. Thank you.