Followers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

SSIC #116

Good Morning..It is time for another Stampin Sisters In Christ Challenge. I am the hostess this morning :). The scripture I choose ..Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him. Why would I trust God?? Because.......


He will not leave you nor forsake you, I have had times of overwhelming presence and other times it seems like He is not there. Will I still walk in the truth of His Word! Will I still believe even if I do not feel Him!  His presence is like training wheels, as long as I feel His presence I believe He is and that He cares, but what do I do when the training wheels come off? Is He any less real, any less present? Any less loving? No…His word which He has given us is a solid foundation that helps us not to fall prey to seducing spirits. Oswald Chambers say’s it better than I ever could .


We have the idea that God rewards us
for our faith, it may be so in
the initial stages; but we do not
earn anything by faith, faith
brings us into right relationship with
God and gives God His opportunity. God
has frequently to knock the bottom
board out of your experience if you are
a saint in order to get you into contact
with Himself. God wants you to understand
that it is a life of faith, not a life of
sentimental enjoyment of His blessings.
Your earlier life of faith was narrow and
intense, settled around a little sun-spot of
experience that had as much of sense as of
faith in it, full of light and sweetness;
then God withdrew His conscious blessings
in order to teach you to walk by faith. You
are worth far more to Him now than
you were in your days of conscious delight
and thrilling testimony.

Faith by its very nature must be tried,
and the real trial of faith is not that
we find it difficult to trust God, but
that God’s character has to be cleared
in our own minds. Faith in its actual
working out has to go through spells of
unsyllabled isolation. Never confound the
trial of faith with the ordinary discipline
of life, much that we call the trial of
faith is the inevitable result of being alive.

Faith in the Bible is faith in God against
everything that contradicts Him – I will
remain true to God’s character whatever
He may do. “Though He slay me, yet will I
trust Him” – this is the most sublime utterance
of faith in the whole of the Bible.
–Oswald Chambers


I love how Oswald Chambers put this, just awesome. 

My Challenge for you is to ..make a card of praise,using music, stamp, or design paper or just the word praise, a bird singing, just be creative..... 



 I gold embossed this image, I brought this as part of a grab bag by a company going out of business when I first starting crafting. The musical note is from Marks finest paper.

Our Sponsor this week is   Pizzazz Aplenty. Check them out, they have some gorgeous stuff. They are giving away a $15  gift certificate.

Well I have been so busy today, where I have moved to is a lot of country, which means a lot of trees with a lot of leaves.... It took me 4 hours to get them up and I still do not  have the back part of the yard  done yet. Maybe a wind will come and blow them away :). All I know is I can barely move.
Well all of you have a blessed Day and remember to stop by the Stampin Sisters In Christ to see what my other sisters have created.




37 comments:

Olga said...

absolutley stunning, love it!!!

Olga said...

absolutley stunning, love it!!!

Tammy said...

Awesome card and inspirational comment. Hope you can get the leaves taken care of in quick order so you can get back to crafting, miss seeing your creations.

Patti J said...

Ha ha, if you wait long enough, the snow will just cover those leave up...lol. Beautiful post today, Becky! And your card is beautiful, as well! Thanks for sharing your words and your creation. Hugs...

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow, Becky your blog today is wonderful and truly made me sit back and think, love it and thank you for helping reflect. Your card is beautiful, love the images and the gold embossing with the white. Don't work too hard, take it slow and break it into sections, that's what I did when I had 2 acres of leaves to get up. (I also used the lawnmower to mulch, then went over again to pick up) :)

Holly said...

Love your card Becky! The texture and the gold embossing are really wonderful. Raking leaves is backbreaking work - we have a truck that comes by and sucks them up, but we have to rake them to the street so it's always a race to see if we can do it before the truck comes by!

Payne Holler Cards said...

beautiful post - love who Chambers explains faith...
your card is one that makes you smile praising the Lord - what a great image...
just wait for the wind and let your back rest! we live in the sticks to ...some leaves get raked, some get mowed, and the rest blow away (besides they say leaves are good compost for the grass)

jimlynn said...

A very elegant looking and pretty card Becky! Just beautiful.
Have fun with those leaves! We always just mow over ours to make mulch out of them...much easier than all that raking! LOL!
Lynn

Miesje said...

I love how he used his words too. So easy to understand. Your devotion is lovely - so true to life. And your card just rocks! Love it! Have a wonderful week Rebekka!

MaxineD said...

Rebekka you card is a delight to the eyes - I love the boldness of the white, gold and black and the simplicity of design.
Thank you too for your inspired words.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty Benton said...

Loving the stamp you used on this card!

Pam~ said...

Great texture and I love the gold! Elegant card!

Julie said...

We only worry about the leaves here Rebekka when our many trees have dropped more than a million! Means the paths will be totally covered and so a great place for basking snakes!

Your card is lovely today and the wise words suit so well.

Rea said...

Beautiful words to share, and a pretty card. (We don't rake the leaves here in Missouri, we just mow over them. I read somewhere, that they are great fertilizer for the lawn over the winter months when you do that. There is some kind of chemical in the leaf that is good for the lawn.)

DIANA L. said...

I love the simplicity of this card and I just love the design of the stamped woman praising God.
I am your newest follower I hope you will come visit me and maybe become a follower I have 2 giveaways going on right now on my blog.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

123

Heather B said...

Oooh! I love the colors in this. That stamp is pretty cool.

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love the main image and the gold embossing.

cosh said...

A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saintsby Revathi

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful work on this awesome card of praise, Rebekka!!

GCgirl said...

Beautiful post and so appropriate that you embossed your card with Gold...1 Peter 1:7!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card!

Julie said...

Rebekka, The snowman image is from a sheet by an Aussie company Megs Garden. In the many stamps I own I have but one snowman and it wouldn't work. I hope you are settled in your new home.

Traci M said...

Beautiful card,Rebekkah!! And I love your thought provoking devotional this week! Thanks so much for sharing what's on your heart!!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love the image you used, Becky and the gold embossing is sooo pretty!!!

Mau xx said...

Hi Becky, Love your sweet card, and always enjoy your devotions.
don't overdo things....maybe the Lord sent you some of those leaves to bless you! His Creation is amazing, season by season.
Take Care, Huge Hugs Mau xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Rebekka - what a wonderful post - your card is gorgeous - I love that image - and Oswald Chambers is a favourite of mine! He is one of the 'Old Time Religion' Men of God whose words are always such a truth and blessing - thank you for sharing them my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Pat (mspfd) said...

You certainly nailed the challenge. This is a gorgeous creation.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful devotional and card Becky!! Very thought provoking words!! Love the gold and the texture on your card!!
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!
hugs,
Chris

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful image in gold Becky! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Danie May said...

A beautiful card Bekky. I love the gold embossing and the images you have used. The main image has a magical tribal feel. I love it.

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the gold & white-so elegant!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Good morning Rebekka. :) I like the theme you chosen and your right. Oswald Chambers has a real gift of words. Being able to paint a visual picture as he states truth about our lives. So eloquent. This card is absolutely wonderful! The images are fantastic and the gold embossing is perfect.
Sounds like a nice place to live for you now although a lot of yard work! I hate that after soreness. Ugh.. Maybe I should pray for a strong breeze? :P

Traci S. said...

Wow! I LOVE this card, Rebekka! I love the image of the woman especially...and you have added such stunning embellishments and techniques to really give this card PIZZAZZ!

I love that you embossed her and the musical note in gold...and left the white area white...I love the lace edge...and the scallopped rectangle! And oval...I just noticed that! I keep noticing different things about this card...the itty-bitty rhinestones...she is surely praising God! And, you just did with this card!

Wonderful!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love the layout and color combo with the heat embossing. Stunning card.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so beautiful! Love how you embossed in gold!

Curt in Carmel said...

What a great use of this image. The monochrome look makes it very dramatic. The added background texture is perfect. Great challenge. Best, Curt