Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stamping Sisters In Christ #105


Good morning... I just wanted all of you to know that I am taking a break. I am packing and moving.  I should be back up around Nov. Thank you all for blessing me by coming by and leaving comments.

It is time for another Stampin Sisters In Christ Challenge, I am the host who does not have a card made because all of my stuff was packed a week ago. :) The scripture I have chosen:
ScriptureMt. 7:7-8 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." 
 
In 1975 I had moved to Jacksonville Fla. We were staying in a motel waiting for our furniture to arrive. I did not know the Lord at that time but the Holy Spirit had been moving on me with conviction. That Sunday Morning I woke up hearing the Holy Spirit speak to me, 'seek me' there was a bible in the night stand and when I pulled it out, it fell to the floor, when I picked it up my eye's went straight to this verse, it became alive in me. Right away there was an urgency to go to church, as I quickly explained to my husband what was going on we got dressed and rushed out of the door. As we were driving we were passing many church's and my husband kept asking which one, and I said " I don't know, keep driving God will show me where to go." Finally the Holy Spirit spoke and said that one right there, it was Ortega Baptist church, celebrating 100 years of service. I ran in and was about to disrupt the service, I needed this Jesus, but the Holy Spirit restrained me until after the pastor spoke. When he was done I ran up to the front of the church and was over taken by the Holy Spirit and with the Gideon bible still in hand I said " I do not want this religion that you people have here but I want this living Jesus I just read about."  That day began the journey of my spiritual walk with God, that morning planted the seeds of faith that have grown through the years. Ask and it will be given, seek and you will find, knock, for the door will be opened. We are told to pray (ask) for the peace of Israel, for the peace of the nation we live in, for rain, food, the list goes on and on. We are to ask believing, we are to seek God diligently with all of our hearts by prayer, study of His word and guarding our soul's against sin. We are to knock, continuing until He answer's.  And this is also a command, not a suggestion!
 
My challenge:  Your card is to have a door,or window (use stamp or  paper)
Our sponsor this week is Simeon Says Stamp.

Thanks for stopping by and will see you after I get moved and settled.

Have a blessed day.
Rebekka

41 comments:

jimlynn said...

Good luck with the move, Becky.
Lynn

Patti J said...

Wishing you good luck, safe travels, and all of God's many blessings, my friend. See you in November!

Joanne Travis said...

Hi Becky,
Best wishes on your new move. We look frward to your return to stamping once you get settled in.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I hope the move goes smoothly, Becky! May God go with you!!

Look forward to seeing your gorgeous work when you return.

Lone Pine Designs said...

I pray that all goes smoothly with the move and I look forward to your return :)

seamom said...

I will miss you and your beautiful cards and messages. May He bless you in your move and your new home.

Heather B said...

Safe travels! We'll see you soon!!

redwasher1 said...

Becky, the best of luck in your move and thanks for sharing. I will look forward to you being back in Nov. Stay safe, my friend!!! Your photo's are beautiful!

Rea said...

What a wonderful testimony Becky. God bless you, I hope your move goes smoothly. Hugs

Rea said...

Becky, I hope you don't mind, but I am going to make a short post on my blog and ask people to visit your blog,(I'll attach a link), and read your testimony. That the Lord be magnified. God bless and hugs.

MaxineD said...

All the best for your move, Rebekka, and thank you so much for the photos - it speaks to me of our Fathers love and how he longs for us to be nestled under His wings.
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy and Lucky said...

Good luck with your move and your never adventure, can't wait to hear about your new home. Prayers to you for safe move and travels.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

We will be here waiting for you. Have a safe move!

Dawn Mercedes said...

Best wishes in your moving and unloading!! Take care!

KER said...

wonderful testament Becky!...look forward to seeing your blog and creativity again soon...be safe/be well

Lynn McAuley said...

Best wishes as you make these life changes, Rebekka! May God bless and keep you.

We will all look forward to seeing your beautiful work again soon.

jean w. said...

I thought I'd read that you were moving in July or so and then you didn't...at least that is what I remembered...peace to you in your move and thank you for sharing your testimony with us! God is so good!

The Mama Monkey said...

Have a safe and easy move!!

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures Becky. They show motherhood at her best. Good luck with your move. I will wait patiently for more of your beautiful work.

Payne Holler Cards said...

thank you for sharing your testimony!
hope the move goes well...and you will be out of flood area and have airconditioning (-:
looking forward to seeing you back in November
hugs
Linda

Grace said...

Becky I knew you didn't have a card last week and never came by! So sorry! Your photos are amazing!!! I love seeing the babies sheltered under mother's wings! What a beautiful example of how our Father cares for us! Trusting your move goes smoothly and we're looking forward to having you back creating again!!!
hugs,
Grace

Kristine said...

oh goodness... did I really miss coming here last week?? I know I would've remembered these SWEET and WONDERFUL pictures of the swans!! WOWIE, what a beautiful sight. Like God tucking us under His wings. ;) Best wishes as you move Bekka and will await your return *Ü*

Hugs,
Kris

Betty Wright said...

Moving story, Becky! I will keep you and yours in my prayers while you move! Thanks for the duck pics. I never knew that the mother kept the babies under her wings like that. Blessings!

Anesha said...

Good luck with your move. Love your story! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hope all goes well, Becky and you will enjoy your new home in Jacksonville.

Francie G. said...

What a beautiful testimony, Becky! Thanks for sharing! Hope your move goes well!

Curt in Carmel said...

I am so going to miss your posts! You are one I always look forward to visiting. I wish you so much peace in your new location, and hope that you will contact me with your new address information. Please take good care of yourself and know that I'll be thinking about you! Best, Curt

Dawn B. said...

What a wonderful testimony. I know that it must have been a life changing moment. I wish you all the best in your move. I know that moving can be so stressful. Lots of prayers sent your way.

Joan Ervin said...

Sending lots of prayers you way for a safe and easy move, Becky...take care and I'll see ya in November!! BTW...your swan pics are sooo precious!!

Jackie R. said...

Hope your move goes smoothly! Take Care.

alteredforhim said...

Enjoy your move. I love the image you shared. It's beautiful.

glassgraffitix2 said...

Good luck on your move. We all look forward to your return! (Gorgeous pictures of the swans)

Linda D said...

Sending prayers your way for a safe and easy move, Love the swan pictures!!

Melanie said...

Thank you for sharing this testimony, isn't He amazing?? One of my favorite verses, too...
Love this swan pic!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and I hope you are getting settled now!

Gardner's Basket said...

Many Blessings with the move. I can't wait for your return to the creative world.

Mau xx said...

Hi Becky, wondered why you had not come up on my dashboard for so long. I do miss you my lovely sister. it will be a long wait till November.
I Pray The Lord will Bless your new home with his Peace and his Presence.
Take Care. Hugs Mau xx

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey Kiddo! Hope you are doing well. Wanted to come by and let you know that I was thinking about you and hoping your moving "ordeal" is progressing to your liking. Also hope that you are doing well. Hugs, Curt

Tina said...

Hope your move goes smoothly, and thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony with us. God bless.

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey kiddo! Just checking in on you and hoping everything is going OK and that you are getting settled. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Hugs, Curt

Mau xx said...

Hi Becky, what a Joy to see you visit my Blog. I do miss you sister, but so glad that things are going well for you. Counting the days till we see you blogging again.
God Bless you my friend xx Mau

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there, just wanted you to know that I have prayed for you and hope all is going well...
November is here and looking forward to seeing you crafting again...miss your wonderful inspirations (spiritually and creatively)
hugs
Linda