Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Stampin Sister's In Christ #97 And Blog Candy




Good Morning..It is time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. I am the host today and I have chosen-
James 2:18-19
Someone will say, You have faith, and I have works, "Show me your faith without  your works and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well, even the demons believe and tremble.

Mt. 7 say's "many will come to me in that day and say, Lord, Lord, did we not prophecy in your name, did we not cast demons out in your name, did we not do miracles things in your name, and He will say, "away from me you worker of iniquity, for I NEVER knew you."

We are living in a time of great compromise. We seem to forget that God is serious about His Word and He warned us not to be deceived.. Our salvation is not based on works but Grace, James is making it very clear that there must be fruit of our confession of faith in Christ. Obedience is greater then sacrifice (works). If you are truly born again you are a new creation, you are different, the things you use to do, you do not do any more, we over come sin by the blood of the lamb. Our new nature desires holiness, yes we may stumble along the way but our desire to love God with all our heart, mind & soul helps us to get up and continue to run this race.

I work with many Christians who if you met, you would not know that they are children of God. They are perverse, slanders, gossips, thieves, the list goes on. Each one I pray for and go to, to explain to them that they are not walking in the light of Christ, and if they are not walking in the light how can they preach the gospel of Christ to the lost all around them. I explain that darkness and light have nothing in common, and a proverb my grandmother used to tell me , "If you lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas." We are called to be royal priest and that takes work and discipline, we are to be conforming our self's into the image of Christ . We are called to be a light in a dark world, but I ask them, "Where is your light?" "Where is the power of Christ in you changing you into His likeness?" I would be just as guilty as they if I did not warn them, preach to them, show them the error of their walk. I have no fear of man or what people think, but I am commanded to fear God. Am I perfect? No! But I put my hand to the plow moving forward to the high call placed before me, not looking behind but forward. James is saying "It is not enough to say you believe" for even demons believe, show me by your actions that you are children of the Redeemed.

My Challenge: "What works for you" use your favorite item for stamping, it could be a stamp, embossing folder or favorite spellbinder shape.
Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, who is giving  "Deer with Forest Family" to one blessed winner. And this set is just adorable.

Also I am weeding through my stamps and have decided instead of selling them I am going to give them away as blog candy, so once a month I will have a new one up. This is the candy for this week. It will end July 17th
This is a brand new Stamping Up Stamp "because I Care". What do you have to do?? You must be a member, I want to bless those who have been a blessing to  me by stopping by here weekly and always encouraging me. That's all.. Also If you participate in the Stampin in Sisters Challenge this week, I will put your name in twice. :) Just let me know you would like this stamp when you leave a comment.

What works for me:
Ink: silver glitter embossing powder
Paper: Gina K luxury white, My minds eye, garden  vignettes. flower from McMahon 5 -
Tools: cuttle bug, spellbinders label 17, MS punch

Please stop by Stampin Sisters In Christ and see what my other Sister's have created this morning.. My sweet sister Kris just created this new signature for me. Isn't it so pretty!! Thank you Kris. :)

34 comments:

Tammy said...

Your card is very inspirational and uplifting. Black and white is always a winner.

Love your new signature. Very pretty.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your devotional is such a blessing Becky!! It is so true and a reminder for us all!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the verse with us!!

Your card is so elegant!! I just love the black and white and the sheer elegance of it!! Gorgeous flower!! The verse is framed beautifully!!

What a beautiful stamp set and so generous of you to share it.

Have a blessed weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

Hi Rebekka, love the new signature too - you are so talented! That card is beautiful, really like the black and white and your devotion was really wonderful.
That stamp set will make someone very happy, it is so pretty!
Have a great week filled with good things.

Grace said...

Good morning Becky! Your devo is wonderful and so true! Love your black and white card... it's just stunning!!! How thoughtful and generous of you to give away your unneeded stamps!!! You are a blessing in so many ways! Thanks for always letting your light shine sweet sister!!! Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

jimlynn said...

Wonderful verse and a fabulous card Becky. Love that black and white - so very elegant.
Lynn

KER said...

beautiful card...love the black and white...your words certainly give food for thought and reflection...tfs

Elizabeth, The Shepherdess said...

Hello! I've been MIA for a while due to some tough trials in my life.
Rebekka, OMGoodness are your words this week timely!! These verses have been going through my mind continually in respect to my current trials. Please know that God has used you today to minister to me. I must please God, not man! I just told my children last night that I can live with the 'shame' brought by the slander of man, but NOT the shame of having disappointed my Lord!
And your card is the wonderful comfort & encouragement that God knows what I'm enduring! He hears and cares!
Blessings, Sister! =)

Peggysuez said...

This is a great devotional this week, really made me think, as we all need to do, about our actions each day and whether they reflect the gospel. Your one sentence reminds me of a line from a Newsboys song, When the Boys Light Up. 'cause light and dark don't coexist.' Lovely card too, and yes, that is a cute new signature from Kris!

Karen W said...

Just beautiful, very dramatic card and wonderful layers.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Thanks for sharing! In more ways than one! Your card is gorgeous today!

Kristine said...

Morning Becky! Love your gorgeous card!! The verse, the NEstie, papers, punches--it's all so beautiful! And so is your devotional this week. Great Scripture and thoughts on it... THank you for being a wonderful hostess! *Ü*

GCgirl said...

Praise God for you Becky!!! I LOVE what you have shared and will be praying for your continued boldness and blessings as you faithfully walk in the truth and admonition of our precious Lord! Beautiful card as well...the black and white is a subtle reminder that we have come out of the darkness into the light! May the Grace of God and the peace of Christ rest on you today!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

beautiful card and thanks for the chance to win the win the blog candy.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Becky,

I love your inspirational card and the black/white theme. Wonderful patterns. Thank you for the chance to win some blog candy.

Julie said...

What true thoughts you have in your post today Rebekka.
Your card is very elegant . the black white and textures works beautifully.

The Mama Monkey said...

Gorgeous creation! That flower is the perfect addition!

Mau xx said...

Thank you Becky for Blessing us as always.
Your card is just beautiful I love everything about it the verse thee colour, and the flower is stunning. Your candy offer is just so typical of your kindness Thank you. xx Mau

maryr917 said...

thanks for a agreat scripture verse and commentary rebekkah, wanted to drop by and comment on your beautiful card-another great verse used on it and I love the flower

MaxineD said...

Rebekka I love your card - the black and white are stunning, and your words inspirational.

I would love to be included in your blog candy draw :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn Mercedes said...

Great card!!! and you know...blog candy is always yummy!

MariLynn said...

Loved your devotion today. Such an encouragement to me. HUGS!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your beautiful card, Rebekka!! How gorgeous!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Becky, You are such a sweetheart! You are truly an inspiration!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your card, so elegant and so perfect as always. Loving your signature name as well, how pretty is that!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Thank you for the wonderful message for us to read. You have a wonderful God given talent of expression....not only words but your beautiful artistry. Your friendship is a blessing to me.

Curt in Carmel said...

Love this card Rebekka! The black and white is one of my favs as you know, and the embossed textures on this really make it beautiful. I also love the hint of green. Beautiful work on this one! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

PatsyB said...

First off, Thank you and bless you for the information on how you witness to those you work with. I have had the same problem and was unsure how to handle it. I am not ashamed of my Lord but sometimes, I feel I am pushing Him on those around me who do not want to know the Truth. I love your blog and have been a member for some time now. I get great inspiration for making cards for my Sunday School class from your postings. Bless you and keep up the great work, your cards and your ministering. I would love to have the set you are giving away since it would be so perfect for making cards to witness with. Thank you for being so generous.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness, Becky. This is stunning! I love everything about this beauty!!

Glennis said...

Your card today is so elegant, thanks for sharing.
The stamp set you are offering is divine - I would love to win this

Tania said...

Another beautiful devotion today, Rebekah. You are such an inspiration to me on my faith journey. I am going to try to get this challenge done.

Would love to be entered for the blog candy.

Regena said...

I love your inspirational card and the black/white theme. Thank you for the chance to win some blog candy.I have a blog award for u on my blog..if u have time go check it out..Hugs Regena

Rhonda Langley said...

I agree with you completely. My pastor would ask, "If you were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you?"

Kary said...

Hi Rebekka! Love your sharing this week. It's so good to be reminded that our words and actions go hand in hand with the faith we profess.
Your card is beautiful!! Always love a black & white card, and I think the verse is pretty special too. Take care, sister. {hugs}

Kelly Spivey said...

I love the simplicity and beauty of black and white cards and that flower is a huge WOW factor, Becky. Another gorgeous card!!