Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

SSIC#82

Good Sunday Morning all you fabulously creative bloggers!!  It is time for "Stampin Sisters in Christ" challenge. My sweet sister Grace is our host and she has chosen - Proverbs 10:20-21

 "The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for the lack of understanding."

Her Challenge - Create a card/project that encourages and use a touch of silver.

Our Sponsor this week is 'My Favorite Things' they are giving away  a $25 dollar gift card. How fabulous is that!!!

Thoughts:
The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver. The words we speak should be words of love, words that give life and not death. My grandmother use to say 'you get more with honey then with vinegar'. We are to think before we speak, and we should speak from the Word of God that we have hidden in our hearts. 
When you work with a lot of people there is bound to be disagreements, sometimes heated. As I have shared before, I pray before I go to work and pray during my breaks that I would measure my words, that I would be a peace maker not a trouble maker :). We had some trouble last week and my boss was upset, I told him that the best way to solve conflicts is to love and forgive, he rejected that immediately, but during the weekend he fell asleep and woke up to a program that was preaching...'Love and forgiveness'. :) He came back Monday and told me I was so right. When a righteous man speaks, people will listen, for his words will be like the words from Christ, they will be words of life, words of encouragement. Nothing else will do.

Make sure you stop by my other Sisters in Christ and give them some love.


Receipe:
Stamp: Rain fall Flopsey "My Favorite Things" Which they were so gracious to allow SSIC to pick what they wanted for this challenge.
Paper: Gina K. Oceon Mist, design paper  'Lush' My Minds eye,  which I won from Cats Meow blog hop.
Tools: Cloud die-namics from My Favorite Things, copics, cuttlebug, buttons from my win.

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments, they mean the world to me.

Have a Blessed Day
Rebekka

29 comments:

Julie said...

We all need as many rays of sunshine as we can possibly get Rebekka.
The same saying about honey and vinegar has been part of our family's teaching too!
Love the clouds on your card today!

Tammy said...

Sweet, sweet card Becky. Love the paper piecing and the sentiment is perfect!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your words of advice and prayer was a wonderful example of God's love and what we should do...How wonderful that your boss has you. He indeed put you there for a reason.

Your card is darling. Love flopsy and the paper piecing with the dp and soft colors. Too cute!!
have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just adore these bunnies when I see them done up! How could someone not smile at this card! It will surly brighten someone's day!

Miesje said...

Great devotion - just love it when we find out that we have impacted someone with what we share! Loving that card too! The way you used the DP is perfect! Great scene. Have a wonderful week!

Lone Pine Designs said...

This cute card will brighten anyone's day!

Francie G. said...

How fabulous is that! Thank you for sharing this story! Our ministers sermon was on this same subject! Your card is adorable! Wonderful design and details, Becky!

Patti J said...

Becky, what an adorable card! I love this image - haven't seen it before! Great job! Loved what you wrote this morning too. I actually kept a 'workplace prayer' where I could see it at all times on my desk at work. I had to refer to it many times each day! Thanks for your thoughts - hugs and blessings to you!

Kristine said...

Awesome words of advice Becky! God used you to speak to your boss--that's neat that he came back and shared that with you.

Your card is SO CUTE!! Love paper piecing on his boots and umbrella--what a fun card! *Ü* Have a great week! Hugs, Kris

Danie May said...

This is an adorable Card Bekky and your sentiment is exactly what I am wishing for today. We have had consecutive days of rain and I am needing to get some washing done. I am loving the houndstooth paper.

Donna Heber said...

Adorable Becky! I hope to see some sunshine this week.

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful Becky! Here's to some sunshine this week! xoxo

redwasher1 said...

Awesome!! Love this and those boots!! Too cute!!

Grace said...

Hi Becky! Oh goodness this is just adorable!!! Love all the paper piecing! Flopsy is so cute!!! I loved reading your thoughts today and your testimony to how your words actually touched your boss and it's a great example of how God can use our words too! Thanks for being such a great testimony to all of your love for our Savior! Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

The Mama Monkey said...

LOVE the graph paper on this! Great card!

Molly said...

Becky - I have found my self coming to your blogmore and more for daily inspiration. You are an amazing sister in Christ and I love that. I am learning more and more each day about the walk He has chosen for me. Thank you for poting inspiration daily and allowing me to keep strong!

Lynn McAuley said...

Wonderful words of inspiration from this awesome scripture!!

Fun paper-piercing on this delightful image!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Rebekka I LOVE the testimony you just shared and I'm even happier he came to you the next work day and shared that with you!!!! That is AMAZING!!!

Cheryl said...

Super cute! I love your mix of patterns.

Joan Ervin said...

This is just tooo cute, Becky...the bunny is adorable and I had to giggle when I saw his little checked boots!!!

Marie Gamber said...

Hi Becky. You did aa wonderful job on your card. Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Marie

Tania said...

Love your card; the paper piecing is great. Your advice was wonderful. Glad God was able to help your boss see the truth of what you were saying.

Janeen said...

Flopsey is so cute paper pieced like this. Thank you for using him. I saw him somewhere a long time ago and thought he was so cute with those big ears but didn't know how to find out about him. NOW, i know who he is and where he is. He will come home with me one day soon. :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Sweet Becky, your card is so fun.....love it! Sending yo hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Susan said...

Too cute and a smile maker for sure!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a sweet card! the image is adorable and I love the choices of DP. perfect!

Peggysuez said...

What wisdom you help spread, a true asset in your workplace and among those you know. Glad that your boss listened to that inner voice. Such a sweet creation too, sending you hugs!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Becky - fabulous word from the heart and gorgeous card! Sori I am late to comment - Blogger is to blame! {{{hugs}}}

gale said...

this is so cute. Those scallops at the bottom look like puddles!