Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Help..


Good morning, I do hope all of you had a blessed week.. 
It is time for the Stampin Sister's in Christ challenge#89.. Chris is our host this morning and she has chosen -

Psalm 121:2-4 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. HE will not let your foot slip, He who watches over you will not slumber, indeed, HE who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
What a message of hope, in this verse we can stand  and not be shaken for God does not lie.

When I was around 13, I ran away from home, I went to Hartford CT. I was living in an abandoned building, washing and eating at the Y, they also gave out free clothing, so I was a well dressed homeless runaway :). One night as I was in this abandoned building, I began to question God about my life, why did it have to be so hard, what can I do, I am to young to get a job, I wanted more for my life that He had given. All of a sudden a voice spoke to me and told me to go out side and around the corner there was a coffee shop, the women who comes to the counter, tell her you need a place to stay. It was 1 am and though I doubted a little, I did as I heard. When I got to the counter I told the person who waited on me exactly what the Holy Spirit had told me. You know what?? She took me in and kept me for a week until I finally told her who I was.  She brought me a bus ticket and sent me home. I know from experience the WORD of GOD is true, that HE does not slumber now sleep, that HE who created the heavens and the universe knows me personally, HE knows and has counted every tear drop that has fallen from my eye's. I have learned from an early age, to depend and trust in GOD.

Chris's challenge: Create a card or project with a tea or coffee cup or pot, this can be the designer paper, the image or embellishment.

Our Sponsor is The Crafts Meow which will be giving away  a stamp set designed by Nina Brackett. How fabulous is that!!

Make sure you stop by Stampin Sisters in Christ to read Chris's devotional and to see the fabulous creations of my other sisters.

Recipe:
Stamp: Flora Tea by Marks Finest Paper
Paper: Stamp Up, K&company "sweet nectar"
Tools: cuttle bug, nestibilities, copics,

Thank you for stopping by
Have a Blessed week

Rebekka

29 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Becky, this card is absolutely gorgeous. I just love the tea pot and your gorgeous choice of colors!! So fun and beautiful my friend! I enjoyed reading your story and how God touched your life! Thanks for sharing!! What a testimony!! Have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Becky. Your walk with God is an amazing journey. Bless you.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Thanks for sharing Rebekka...what a great example of our Lord's love and care. I'm loving all the spring colours on your card!

Miesje said...

Isn't it amazing how we can see God's presence in our lives? So glad that I listen and so glad that you did (and do) too! Love the card, the image is perfect and the colors make me smile! Have a great week!

Grace said...

Wonderful bright and cheerful card Becky! I always love reading your testimony to God's work in your life!!! He is so good to all of us and I certainly am glad He is ever watching and loving!!! Have a great week!
hugs,
Grace

Kathy and Lucky said...

Becky what a powerful story. Very inspirational, as always. Love your card, the quilt feel is perfect with the teapot, so warm and safe. Beautiful. Have a great day.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a bright, encouraging design based on this powerful and comforting scripture, Rebekka!

Wendy M said...

Lovely colourful card. Love what you shared Rebbekah. I heard a woman speak about God's Holy Spirit speaking to her in a similar way to what you have shared. It is wonderful.

Denise Marzec said...

Such bright and cheerful colors!!

Kristine said...

Love your colors and teapot --very cheery card! Wonderful testimony too--tfs *Ü*

Donna Heber said...

Hi Becky,

You know I just love your teapot card! Beautiful spring colors.

Julie said...

How colourful your card is today Rebekka, perhaps symbolic of the colour and harmony you have in your life. Thank you for sharing some of your journey.

seamom said...

Your card is wonderful! I love the bright colors and the design, and especially your testimony. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing your faith experiences with us. I too, learned at an early age to trust Him. I'm so grateful for that. I love this card. Its' absolutely beautiful! Hope all is well. *hugs*

Dawn Mercedes said...

This card will certainly bring sunshine into someone's day!

Danie May said...

Bekky I love this. The yellow is so uplifting to me and your beautiful coloring in makes your sweet tea pot look like it is ceramic. Beautiful job.

Olga said...

What an amazing testimony, thanks for sharing, your card is gorgoeus!!!

Jani said...

What an awesome testimony of God's faithfulness and love for us. Ia am always blessed by your comments. Thank you for sharing.

Joan Ervin said...

Your story brought me to tears, Becky...you are truly blessed!!! Your card is a real beauty...the little teapot is sooo pretty and I just love all the bright, happy colors!!!

MiamiKel said...

OH Becky, I've already been weepy but to hear your story and read of His awesomeness in your life is a true testiment to His grace, His love. Thanks for sharing your story and I hope it touches others who may be teetering on the edge of faith. Your card is stunning! THanks for being the blessing you are :) x0x0

Davi said...

A Beautiful card you created with the very fun teapot! Your story is so heart piercing Becky! How awesome is Gods love and care for us even in our rebellious time! Thanks for sharing with us. blessings :)

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful colors and the details are wonderful, Becky! Beautifully done!

Susan said...

I love your card Becky but it is your story that you shared with us in your post that touched me the most. Thank you for sharing.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Thanks so much for sharing your touching story and card, Rebecca.

Tania said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the bright colours. And what an amazing story of the way God works.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness, how did I miss commenting on this beautiful and super fun card!! It is so cheerful and fun....love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Peggysuez said...

God wasn't slumbering that evening was He? Your stories of His faithfulness are always so awe inspiring because they are true and point to His goodness. Love you for it!!! Pretty card too!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Rebecca - what an amazing story your life is Rebecca - you have such a powerful testimony!! Love your card, it is so bright and happy - it will certainly bring joy to someones day! Thank you for sharing so beautifully! {{{hugs}}}

gale said...

What a cute card!! I love the bright colors and that teapot is so cute.