Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stampin Sisters In Christ # 74

Good Sunday Morning. Time for another challenge at SSIC. This morning lovely Lisa is the host and she has chosen Psalm 23:
 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

Her challenge, Use the colors blue (still waters) and green (green pastures) in your cards/projects.

I used Our Daily Bread "Don't worry" Heaven forbid that I would stamp that sentiment straight! :)
colored with copics, used stickles on the MS butterflies.

Insight:
Psalms 23 is a universal verse that many have memorized  as children. It is known as a comfort verse, I have read this over and over myself and one of the things that struck me of this verse was "Your rod and Your staff they comfort me". A staff leads, a rod protects and is used for prodding.  Many times we feel our life is our own and we go along doing what we want, but the Holy Spirit will come in and begin to prod us into a direction that God wants us to go in. He always leads towards holiness and many times we are beaten with grieve when we do not follow the way He leads. That is why I have always loved this portion of scripture, "Your rod & Your Staff" It is a comfort to know that He will not allow me but to go so far away from Him and that He always leads me on the path of righteousness. 

Make sure you stop by Stampin Sisters in Christ to see what my other sisters have created and what insights they have on the devotion today.

Our Sponsor this week is  Taylored Expressions and they 


are giving this fabulous stamp set to the blessed winner.









Thank you for stopping by 
Have a Blessed Day
Rebekka

43 comments:

Celeste said...

Beautiful cared

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful. The flowers are perfect and I love the lime and blue together. Very warming card and sentiment.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Blue and green are so beautiful together, as you have demonstrated! Totally gorgeous.

Grace said...

Hi Rebekka! Oh you know I love your card! This is a favorite set of mine... because i need the reminder not to worry and I love the flowers in it! But even more I appreciated your insights today! You are so right... sometimes the prodding doesn't feel so great, but after looking back we see HE was lovingly guiding us through those difficult places with His loving touch. Thanks for your thoughts and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!
hugs,
Grace

Lone Pine Designs said...

This is so pretty and bright and the butterflies are the perfect accent.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Rebekka! I like the awesome flower you used from ODBD :) ! Have a wonderful Sunday...hugs ~S~

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just gorgeous my friend!! I just love your use of the Don't Worry set....perfect with Lisa's chosen scripture. Your coloring and colors are stunning!

The scripture is truly a comfort. Isn't it nice to know that He is in control and not us. Loved your insight!

Have a great rest of the weekend my friend.
hugs,
Chris

Payne Holler Cards said...

love it!! made me smile on stamping straight sentiment - love how you used the colors (-:

Holly said...

this is so pretty Becky! I love the pretty blue flowers, and that touch of green really pops!

Betty Benton said...

What a beautiful card! The deeply etched embossing in the background is wonderful and what a terrific quote from Corrie ten Boom!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like how you offset the flower to leave room for the sentiment. The blue colors are stunning.

MiamiKel said...

Just stunning, my fave color combo, Becky! Love the details and litlte butterflies :) I can't wait to play along this week!

Miesje said...

Beautiful! Both your card and your words, in fact, so are you! I love the colors and that image and saying are perfect! Have a wonderful week Rebekka!

Donna said...

what a beauty Becky! I love that quote. I read one of her books many many years ago, what a blessing. I'm sure she would be pleased to know people are benefitting from her comforting words.

Jenn said...

Beautiful color combo! Love the flowers.

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

Julie said...

What a lovely card and thoughts Rebekka.

Karen said...

Beautiful card Becky. Love the greens and the blues. THey are so vibrant and remind me of Spring which I hope is on its way.

Danie M said...

Such beautiful colours and embossing. A simply gorgeous card.

Peggysuez said...

Such a refreshingly beautiful card, those colors just drench a person in relaxation. The flowers are so pretty in blue! Lovely!

Teressa Thompson said...

Beautiful!

Pam~ said...

Stunning Becky! I always like the colors you use and this one is no exception!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a wonderful and oh, so true sentiment! Love the beautiful blossoms and butterflies! Gorgeous work, Becky!

Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty, Becky!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a beautiful card to compliment a lovely verse. I love that corrie ten boom quote too. So much truth in that. Have a great day my friend!

Selma said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colors you used.

Donna Heber said...

Beautiful card for the challenge! I love those blue flowers.

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beatifully done Becky. Your meditation and 23rd Psalm is most welcome. Dr. Charles Stanley's sermon yesterday was on Psalm 23 with an emphasis on the valleys we go through in life and how they relate to the Psalm.

Hugs!

MollyD said...

I love, love, love the bright colors you have paired with the white!!!

KER said...

another gorgeous card Becky...i love the sentiment and the elements your paired with it

~fairygirlmichelle~ said...

beautiful card. I love the choice of blue you chose. it looks good with that particular green.

Laura VanVleet said...

This is beautiful! Love the sentiment!

Heather B said...

I love that blue. I always forget to use SU's tempting turquoise, even though I love the color. I'm going to have to break it out next time I'm in a crafty mood.

Teressa Thompson said...

Love the colors! They are my favorites and you've used them so well!

Beate said...

Your card looks wonderful, Rebekka!
Hugs and smiles

JustYolie said...

Beautiful colors, love the embossing.

gale said...

Beautiful card!! I love that embossed background.

Curt in Carmel said...

Lovely color scheme Rebekka. The background embossing is perfect for your image, and the sweet butterflies are beautiful. Best, Curt

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Becky - this is a wonderful card! I love your sentoment and the gorgeous flowers but most of all I love your encouraging words - you are such a blessing Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

Rhonda Langley said...

Pretty card! Great colors! Love the little butterflies!

Benzi said...

Your card looks like a day of Spring, which is what I think so many are looking for right now. Beautiful flower image and the sentiment is so true...although, I admit I am one to worry sometimes.

Traci S. said...

Hi~

I love what you have done with this card. I really love Psalm 23 and you explained that section beautifully. When I taught in a Children's Church, our 4th-6th grade studied Psalm 23 for half a year. It was beautiful. Thank you for bringing back those memories.

He IS Able,
Traci S.