Followers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Speedy's The Cat Challenge #31

Alright then..Did every one have a fabulous Thanksgiving? Any time to be with friends and family is a great time. I made some awesome sweet potato pies, my own secret recipe. In my family we all are good cooks and we often have cook offs, who makes the best of something. Since we are southern folks you better believe the food we cook is not for health but flavor :). Even the men folk are awesome cooks in my family, some cook better then  women. My specialty is sweet potato pies, baked mac and cheese, fried cabbage and barbecue. Every year some one (including me) will try and out do some one else who's dish came out better. :) Because we are a 5 (living) generation family, Thanksgiving is divided at 3 homes and since we live in a small town, we spend the day going house to house sampling every ones dishes. :) Believe me when I tell you I only eat like this once a year whereas my people eat like this every day. And no-they are not fat :).


Well this is for Speedy's the Cats challenge - "Bow's" it doesn't get easier then that. 


Also for Spoon Full of Sugar, anything goes


Recipe:
stamp: brick wall by Marks Finest Paper.
paper:  MFP
Misc:    Charm from MFP, You have to check out all the charms Faith has that goes with these stamps.


Thank you for Stopping by
God Bless You

22 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful!! What a fabulous way to spend time with all of the extended family.
Love your card, Becky. Great colors and coloring.

Julie said...

What a lovely family tradition you describe Bekky! We are such a little family and as for cooking like you describe, wow!
By the way I like the colours you have used in your card.

Tammy said...

Lovely image, you colored it perfectly. Great card.

I'm up for mac & cheese anytime, just let me know. Sounds like your family has a great time sharing.

Lorie said...

Mmmmmm! Sounds like MY kind of Thanksgiving!! Fried cabbage is my favorite, and my mom does it so much better than I. ;)

Your card is beautiful, Becky! I always find such wonderful inspiration on your blog, and now, I'm hungry for sweet potato pie!! :)

Hugs,
Lorie

Jeanne Forsyth said...

You warm autumn card is so pretty. I like the added charm to finish it off~

Grace said...

Hi Becky! Your Thanksgiving sounds awesome!!! What a blessing to have 5 generations living!!! I hate to think what I'd look like if I ate like that all year! Your card is gorgeous! I love the color combo! It's striking and the charm is so "speedy"! Love it!
hugs,
Grace

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun T day you had! Your food sounds so tasty~~ Wonderful, bright card - great color choice!

Olga said...

well I gained 5 pounds just reading about it LOL. Your card is awesome!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a nice card thanks for sharing!

Chrissy D said...

This is sooo pretty! Love the crisp colors and the charm! Your testimony of the Lord's work in your life on your profile was inspiring too! Have a great weekend!

Virgo5 said...

Wow, love these beautiful colours!

Joanne (jojot) said...

how very lovely...your creation AND your Thanksgiving

Our Little Inspirations said...

I think I just gained a pound by reading about your delicious dishes! LOL Beautiful card, and I love that little charm!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!! Congrats on your win!!!

Adeline Ng said...

Hi Becky, I love this card too! your thanksgiving get together sounds wonderful. and your sweeet potato pies sounds delicious! We do not celebrate thanksgiving here in Singapore. But our family have reunion dinners and visitations on Chinese New Year!

KER said...

love the yellow flowers...nice details too

Donna Heber said...

This is so beautiful Becky! I love the colors. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa...next year I am coming to your town...do ya think anyone would notice one more...LOL!!!! Your card is beautiful with the gorgeous colors and flowers...fabulous work, as always!!!

Karen Howard said...

Absolutely wonderful, love the charm! Hugs, Karen

Diane Clark-Sutton said...

Love the coloring.

Tania said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. The baked mac & cheese sounds delish. I need a good recipe for that.

Beautiful card; I love your colour choices and your design.

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty.. I love the colors you chose. I LOVE baked Mac and Cheese.. My son's favorite dish.. Great job on this card.