Followers

Friday, September 3, 2010

One Man

In the book of Gen. Abraham intercedes for Sodom, he asked God "Would you destroy the righteous with the unrighteous?" He started with 50 "If you find 50 righteous, God said if He found 50 He would not destroy the city, Abraham continued until he reached 10 and God said for the sake of 10 I will not destroy the city. But God could not even find 10 righteous people only Lot, his wife (who was turned into a pillar of salt) and his 2 daughters were saved, and Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.Now it came into my mind that just One man prayed "interceded", it only takes one person who walks with God to find favor with God. One man praying for a city and God heard and would do what Abraham asked, He just could not find 10 righteous people. Now God never changes what He did for Abram He will do for us, of coarse our problem is FAITH. Can you imagine what we could do those who are in Christ Jesus started to really pray. One man - Abraham interceded for a city. How Awesome.

This is for the Stamp TV sketch challenge. 
A Crafty Little Place - Anything goes
The Paper Players - Anything goes


Stamp: Farm Life by Theresa Momber by Gina K
Ink: Memento tux black, 
Paper: Stonehenge, basic Grey
Colored with color pencils and oms, sentiment from Gina K "comfort and Peace" and the second sentiment is computer generated.

Well I will be seeing you Sunday with another new challenge with Stampin Sisters In Christ. {{Huggs}}


 

24 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Such a pretty card Becky and no God never forsakes us or leaves us. We may be the ones to forget this, but isn't a wonderful blessing that God's love is constant.

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Love this card and the reminder of God's goodness!

Tammy said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, and written, Becky! Thanks for sharing!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the soft colors and the sentiment! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This is lovely and so peaceful and makes you want to sit and think and reflect, great job. Stay dry, not sure how much rain you are supposed to get.You are in my prayers for safety.

Anne Marie said...

Just beautiful! Everything works so well together and your sentiment is wonderful. :)

Gloria Cardoza said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful Christian blog. God bless you

Gloria C
gloriaslegacystamping

Debsg said...

Beautiful card. Such warm colours and great sentiment.

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful, I love the red leaves on the maple tree.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous card to showcase God's awesome promise!! Beautiful, beautiful work, Rebekka!!

Hands On said...

Beautiful shading on your tree. So pretty. Thanks for joining Paper Players.

MiamiKel said...

Rebecca, this is just beautiful! What gorgeous coloring and lovely layout :) Have a blessed weekend!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a beautiful tree. I like the red colors.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a beauty, Becky. Love the wonderful card and message!

Diane Long said...

Nicely done!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful!

Karen said...

Beautiful card Rebekka. I like the technique you used for the background of your main image.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ohhhh, I so love the crimson leaves you have created here! Wonderful card, Rebekka!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card to frame the verse of God's goodness to us!! I love your background!!
hugs,
Chris

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww....what a pretty card and such a comforting message. :)

Susan said...

I saw this sketch over at Stamp TV and just loved it. I like what you did with it. Your card is very pretty and that tree is so nicely colored!

Traci S. said...

Hi Rebekka~

This is such a stunning card. It reminds me of my home 29 years ago as of last week. We had a great red maple tree at my grandparents, and I just loved it. This card is very special. I love the coloring of course, and I always love your choice of dp. It is the Scripture and the "you are not alone." sentiment. I have had quite a few losses to go though in the past 2 months. This card is just perfect.
Thank you for sharing it with me.
I (and my imagination) think the 2 pearls represent the person and the Lord God...who never forsakes us, and never will! Praise Him with Thanksgiving in my heart, I do!

Thanks, Becky, I am very glad I saw this one!

He IS Able! <--remember THAT, too!
Traci S.