Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stampin Sisters In Christ #51

Good morning, I hope every one is having a fabulous weekend.. 
I am excited to be hosting my very first challenge for Stampin Sisters In Christ.
The challenge is "Birds" easy peasy..The scripture I chose is just one of my many favorites.
Isiah 40:31 "But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
 
In the mist of punishment a message of Hope:
One has to read the full chap to understand what this verse meant to the people of Israel; God had just sent a message that they were going to be put in exile, they would be captured by Babylon and be subjects to them because of their disobedience and He told Isaiah to deliver this message to them, a message of Hope despite the difficulties they would face.  God told them of His greatness That He neither faints nor gets weary. The verse begins with 30 saying “Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall.” “But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. People who do not believe will stumble and fall but those who wait for LORD will not be weary or faint. This would take patience and faith. We face the same challenges as Israel, our problem today is the same, patience and faith in the mist of difficulties, God still promises peace because HE is with us through this journey on earth and He will see us safely to the other side. But peace and hope is given only to those “WHO WAIT FOR THE LORD” patience is one of the fruits of the Spirit and that must be cultivated in us, and how else except by trials and difficulties. J We see this verse in action in the book of Acts with Peter & John, imprisoned, beaten, they were not complaining or saying “why me God”.. NO They were singing and rejoicing because God thought them worthy to suffer, They actually thought it was a privilege to suffer for Christ. WOW. What a concept.  Let me just end with this: as long as we are here we will have trials, some great some small, the question is, how will we face them? Will we trust in ourselves or man or HOPE in the LORD??

Our sponsor for this challenge is Digi Doodle Shop(Judy), the blessed winner of this challenge will receive 10 dollars worth of digi stamps, and Judy has some wonderful images, plus she is having a great sale. This is one of her's I got for this challenge.:)

Stamp: Digi Doodle 
colored with copics and used the Martha Steward punch, added crystal effects for the water.

Thanks for stopping by today
God Bless you

36 comments:

ramlakmi said...

I love this card..

Lone Pine Designs said...

I'm excited your hosting the challenge this week too! This is also one of my favourite verses and I can't wait to play along. Your card is so pretty...I love the flowers climbing up the lattice!

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful card, and you chose a lovely scripture for the sentiment.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Rebekkah - what an adorable image! Your coloursing and colours are so soft and gorgeous! What a great take on this weeks challenge - thank you doe sharing your art and your heart! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Hi Rebekkah! Your card is sooooo stunning! I LOVE the image you used and the way you colored it!!!! Your layout is fabulous.... and even as much as I love it, I loved your devotional today even more!!! This was a first for me... I only had a few words! LOL! Your words were just what needed to be said and could not be more dead on!!!! Thank you!!! Great challenge and devotional thoughts! I'm so glad you have joined us full time here at SSIC! I've come to just love you and your heart for the Lord! Have a blessed week!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Miesje said...

Rebekka, this is such a cute card! I love it! Your reflection and teaching on the scripture is wonderful! You have such insight - thank you for sharing that with us. I am so thankful that you are one of my Sisters in Christ!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Love the sweet little flowers and the sparkle you added in the water!

Wendy M said...

Another lovely card design and than you for this week's message at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Cindy Coutts said...

Becky, your cards are always so lovely and I always especially appreciate the messages that you share with us when you write your words of wisdom.

jimlynn said...

Such a beautiful, beautiful card! Love everything about it. So pretty.
Lynn

Penny Duncan Creations said...

What a beautiful card and awesome message!!!! I also wanted to Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!!!

Susan said...

Beautiful image and so nicely colored! Very inspirational post!

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, the frog in the birdbath cracks me up. Very pretty. I like the flowers growing on the trellis too.

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful message and beautiful card, Becky! The flowers on the trelis punch is a fantastic accent! Beautifully done!

Danie M said...

A beautiful Card Bekky, I also love visiting your blog to read the beautiful scripture you choose, and share with us.

Dawn Mercedes said...

great flowers!

Traci S. said...

Hi Rebekka~

This is my first week of trying to do the challenge! I am so excited that it is one of yours! I love everything you shared. Where did you learn all of that...is it from a book, or did He provide the words you need? I am really just curious...your writing is wonderful...as is that colorful, beautiful card! Just gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Karen said...

Such a beautiful card Rebekka. The colouring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us

Jenn said...

Very pretty card! How are you doing?

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your card is so pretty Rebekka! And I was very touched and inspired by your devotional. You are a blessing!

Hugs,
Lisa

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this sweet card with its birdbath and lattice with roses!!

Praying for you daily, Rebekka!

Judy said...

Hi Rebekka,

You did a stunning job with this stamp. Thank you so much for doing such a beautiful job for Digi Doodle Shop to sponsor SSCS.

Hugs
Judy/DDS

Lynn Mercurio said...

Thank you for this wonderful piece of inspiration. Your devotional was a wonderful way to start my day!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and what a sweet image!! Love everything about it!!

Christiana said...

What a beautiful card! And I love that sentiment. Nice job, Rebekka.

JazzyH said...

Beautiful card!

Emkay said...

Such a great sample for your challenge.

Lucky Girl said...

Very beautiful card...:)

Ronnie said...

This card and post are beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration, card wise, and spirtually.

Debsg said...

Beautiful card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my Becky, this is wonderful. Love the wonderful colors, and your image is so stinkin' cute. The flowers are the perfect choice of embellishments.

seamom said...

Oh my! So many comments. And it is obvious why so many follow your blog, Becky.
Your card is beautiful! The image, the colors and coloring, the die cut along the left side, the borders, the gold at the bottom, the uplifting greeting - wonderful.
Your writing really spoke to me. Another morning Bible study and devotion. Thank you so much!
God bless.

Curt in Carmel said...

Becky, this is such a beautiful card. But I have to say I'm so impressed with the lattice work and the flowers there on the side of the card that you created! Just beautiful, and so perfect for this card. Super! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

You are really talented in writing posts and sharing ideas. I like very much your posts and your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you write. Nice posts and a very cute design. I'll visit your site more often.

Monaliza Sena said...

feliz pelo desafio,lindo blog,Deus abençoe voces,seguindo o caminho,espero ser a feliz ganhadora dos doces.beijos
http://ateliemonart.blogspot.com/