Followers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stampin Sisters In Christ #49

Good morning; our challenge today at SSIC is hosted by the lovely PeggySue.
This challenge made me get out of my comfort zone, I am not big on "Projects". I feel I have no talent in these area's :(. But I tried it any way..

The challenge:  Make a votive holder or a card/project depicting a candle.  I choose to do the votive holder.


Our Sponsor this week is Karen's Doodles. She has some fabulous images so make sure to check her out.


The Scripture: Luke 8:16 "No one , when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lamp stand, that those who enter may see the light."


Does the light of Jesus shine through me? When people meet me, work with me do they know that there is some thing different about me? Or  is my light peppered with darkness? Do I lie, cheat, gossip, hold grudges? Am I an undercover Christian, one who goes to church on Sundays but walk as the world the rest of the week? My prayer is that Christ in me who is the hope and glory of the world  may shine  brightly in all I do and speak, that I am conscience of every idle word that does not benefit the Kingdom of Heaven & Jesus Christ who gave His life for me. Lord let my light shine that men may know YOU. 
How's your light shinning? :)


Make sure you stop by the other Design Team Members and check out their fabulous work.
Chris
Grace
Linda
Lisa
PeggySue
Randy
Miesje
Cindy


Receipe

Stamp: Stamping Up "Dear Friend"
Paper: DCWV "far east" velum 
Ink: Stazon, copics
Embellishments : stickles, pearls
Tools: MS butterfly punch, nesties oval.


Thank you so much for stopping by 
God Bless You

29 comments:

ramlakmi said...

You cards are awesome.. May God bless you.. Have a nice day young lady :-)..

Gardner's Basket said...

Beautiful votive holder. I can honestly say, yes, the light of Jesus shines through you. You always have kind words to say when speaking of others and your love for the Lord radiates through your blog postings.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This project is stunning Becky!! I just love your choice of images, the butterflies and the colors! What an awesome message too. I love how you always share the light on your blog! Have a happy Sunday!
blessings,
Chris

Lone Pine Designs said...

This votive holder is gorgeous...the butterflies are the perfect finishing touch!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh WOWWWWW, totally gorgeous!

Tammy said...

It may be out of your comfort zone but it certainly is beautiful.

Grace said...

Becky this is absolutely gorgeous gf!!!! You have done some incredible work even while sick!!! Thank you for your words today.... they echo my heart too! Hope the Dr visit goes well this week and still lifting you in prayer too! God is good!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

You did a great job the votive holder is beautiful, also love the scripture. Have a great day and hope you are doing better.

Colleen said...

Rebekka,
This is stunning. We are all so hard on ourselves. I think your project is amazing. Hope your dr visit goes well.

Cindy Coutts said...

Becky, this is so beautiful and you have such a gift from God and His light does shine through you. Hugs.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Becky, this is so beautiful! the butterflies are perfect and I love how you showcased the image.

MiamiKel said...

Oh my this is stunning, Rebekka! What detailing you've added - just as beautiful as can be ;)

Mary G. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the butterflies. Great color combination, too!!

mycardz said...

Wow, for being out of your comfort zone, you did an amazing job! I love this, it's really so very pretty!! And, you are a wonderful example of His light shining through! Take care - hugz, Mary

Ruth said...

That's so pretty! My first instinct was to say "how do you get it in the envelope with butterflies sticking out everywhere" but once I read your post and reazlied it was a candle project, it made WAY more sense :D

Kerowyn is browsing with me this morning and she loves the butterflies especially. I love the concept and when I get home I'm going to make one!! (Did you use a tutorial or template?)

Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Beautiful votive holder-great idea! Your blog is always so inspiring!

Randi said...

Oh WOW!!! you knocked this out of the park dear friend. I just love it. Have a great week and I am so glad that you are here to stay!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

WOW! This is beautiful! Love the rich colours you chose!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun!!! I love the butterflies on this tooo!! :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Clare said...

Rebekkah, I don't think you're right when you say you don't a talent for making projects! Your luminary is beautiful! Have faith in yourself! You CAN do it! You DID do it! You WILL do it! I have faith in you! God bless you!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a beatiful votive shade. Lovely details.

peggysue said...

Absolutely beautiful! Look at the way you added three dimensional embellishments and the color matching. Great thoughts too, I believe firmly you cannot hide your light at all!

Curt in Carmel said...

Becky, do you know what I love most about your votive holder? I love how the light behind highlights the flowers which looks like it is attracting the butterflies. You did an amazing job on this. Quit selling yourself short on your ability to do "projects". You are so talented, so let that shine too! Best, Curt

Michelle VP said...

So pretty! Love your choice of paper and the butterfly accents. :)

Lynn McAuley said...

So very pretty!! Beautiful work, Rebekka!

Lovely Linda said...

HI Rebekkah - this is fabulous! I love the colours and those butterflies - they are a great embellishment - we were thinking the same way! YOur light shines for all to see Rebekkah! Thanks for all you bring to SSIC - on so mnay levels! {{{hugs}}}

Pat (mspfd) said...

I think you did a fabulous job on your project. Great votive holder. I am not a big fan of projects, either. Guess I am just a card maker at heart, too.

Traci S. said...

Oh, Rebekka~

I hope you are asking a rhetorical question when you asked if your light can be seen. Honey, it shines all about you! You share His word, and your experience so openly. Truly a gift. And, your art work so often sings of His Word. THAT--I love!!

This is so pretty. I love your coloring, and the butterflies who are just resting for a moment. I especially like the look of the red branches and the red trim on top.

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.

Susan said...

I would say you conquered this challenge very well as your votive holder is beautiful.