Followers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A house that God Builds

Good Morning and thank you for stopping by. Thank you all who have sent me well wishes and beautiful cards, you will never know how much it has meant to me, you have filled my heart with joy.

This morning Grace at Stampin Sisters In Christ challenge's us to use a image of something that is "built" a house, church, bird house....I choose this Stamp by PSX, I just feel in love with this house :) and it is a monster to color but I love coloring. :)

The scripture for today is "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it". Psalm 127:1.

Whether stick or brick or flesh and blood, unless Jesus Christ is the foundation from which we build or grow it will fall or perish. The world is looking for inner peace by worldly entertainment, be it TV, gambling, hobbies, psychology, Phil or Oprah. But nothing will give real peace that can not be moved no matter what the trial or trouble if you are  firmly fixed in Christ. I love how Joshua states it in Joshua 24:15. "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". Whats your house built on???

Stamp PSX
paper Gina K luxury white and Gina K Creme de Menthe
Tools Cuttle bug, swiss dots embossing folder, copics, nesties large oval.

Have a Blessed Day
 

26 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a beautiful Post Becky!! So well written!! Gorgeous card!! I so love all your coloring and the embossing!! Beautiful choice for the image!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Wow...that house is fantastic and you've done a great job colouring it in!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Oh My, this is beautiful and your coloring, well it leaves me speechless, you have really outdone yourself on this one. So hope you are feeling better.

seamom said...

Fabulous coloring! I love the colors you chose. Both of those verses are so powerful.

seamom said...

Oh! I forgot to twll you that the flowers around the house image are perfect embelishments. They bring it all together. Great card, REALLY!

Miesje said...

This is beautiful and the coloring is amazing! I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Cindy Coutts said...

Oh how gorgeous and that coloring. Wow. Great message too with your post.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I also love Joshua 24:15!

I was delighted the moment I laid eyes on your card, Rebekka! It's a "painted lady" in her finest, complete with flowers all around. What a wonderful thing to behold.

I have to tell you, I'm constantly struck by the beauty of the picture at the top of your blog, too. God paints the most beautiful pictures, doesn't He?

I hope you're feeling better.

Hugs,
Lisa

Tammy said...

What fun it would be to live in your house. So bright and colorful. Love it.

Hope you are feeling better. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Wowwww, a lot of coloring involved here....beautifully done!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Becky, this is spectacular. Your coloring is amazing. What fabulous work. Hope you are on the mend, and in good health!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Becky - this is fabulous!! Your colouring is amazing and what a gorgeous scene you have created! Your work of art and the heart are inspiring! {{{hugs}}}

Goldy said...

This card is AMAZING!!! The coloring alone blows me away. :)

xiumaiyuki said...

Wow!!! Your coloring blows me away. Love, love this card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a cute and colorful house.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this beautifully colored home! What gorgeous work, Becky!

Pieces of Home Designs said...

Now this is GORGEOUS! I love this stamp and you did such a fabulous job coloring!

Betty Wright said...

Becky, this is wonderful! Great colors and detailing! That is one fabulous house image, too! Your colored it beautifully! Great card!

Elisabeth said...

What an amazing intricate coloring job, just beautiful!

Jodi said...

OH MY!! This is just beautiful! I love the wonderful coloring you did here, this must have taken you quite a bit of time! It really is all worth it!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Paige said...

This is an awesome image! I am in awe of the coloring that was involved, but it is so pretty! wonderful post with your card!

Gardner's Basket said...

What a stunning card, you colored it beautifully! You are such an inspiration.

Dawn B. said...

I can see why you love this house.. Your coloring is so pretty. That took some time.. Great job.

Grace said...

Hi Becky! I sure do hope you are feeling better and better!!!! I'm praying for you my friend!

This card is absolutely over the top! I can see that it was a bear to color but you sure aced it!!! It stood out in the SSIC gallery like no other!!! Your post also is so beautifully written! God bless you for sharing your heart with such wisdom and love!

Hugs and prayers my friend,
Grace

Dixie said...

What a beautiful card and post. Your colouring is amazing and your words inspirational.

Susan said...

I had to just sit and stare at this for a minute or two...it is just stunning and so well colored. Beautiful post.