Followers

Friday, June 11, 2010

Good Neighbors

I am so blessed to live where I live and work where I work. 30 years at my job and I love my job, I love going to work everyday. The town and neighborhood I live in is a quite patriotic town, we have the biggest 4th of July parade here, our streets are painted "red-white-blue". It is one of the strongest Portuguese Catholic community's where there  are Festivals of food and music to parades that marches up and down the streets with their bands playing Christian hymns passing out Portuguese sweet breed and milk. It is a community where every one knows every one and  helps one another. I have lived here for 2 years and know most of my neighbors 2 miles around me, I walk all the time talking with people, sitting with them and having coffee taking the time to know them and they knowing me. I know people who have lived on the same streets for years and do not know who any of their neighbors are and that is sad. What kind of neighbor are you??? They did not reach out to me, but I reached out to them as Christ reached out to me. 

This stamp is a stamping Up stamp that I bought off of e-bay, I did not get the whole set so I do not know the name, but I wish I did have this whole set because it looks like it would be fabulous. I stamped this on Gina K luxury white paper colored with copics.

Have a Blessed Day and be a good neighbor

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

So cute, Becky! Love those colorful little birdhouses.
Lynn

Karen said...

Real cute Becky. The birdhouses really stand out

Colleen said...

Rebekka,
Your neighborhood story sounds delightful! In my life everyone is sooooo busy they don't have the time to talk to neighbors. We see each other and wave.
Your card is wonderful, I love the bird houses.

Martha said...

so cute.

Lone Pine Designs said...

Great card...love the birdhouses and how you coloured them!

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, I love this card. Just delightful! You do know what they say...you must be a good neighbor to have good neighbor so obviously, you are an excellent neighbor!

stampingmommy said...

Super cute Becky! I do love the images - I don't think I have seen that one before! Your coloring is simply beautiful! Great job!

Rose said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you colored this fab image, very pretty!

Paige said...

Cute birdhouses! Loved reading about your neighborhood!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Your town sounds so nice...I wish I was your neighbor! I Love your little birdhouse village too...super cute!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh wow, LOVE how you colored all those houses. So colorful!

Holly said...

Darling card Becky, and how wonderful that you are forming close relationships with neighbors.

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Your card is great and the colors so brigh, having goine to RWU, I know what you are saying, what great town.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fabulous card, Becky!!
Beautiful coloring o this wonderful image!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely story about the town you live in, sounds like such a nice place to be. Your birdhouses turned out so well and I would send you the set if I had it, I'll look in some of my old SU Idea Books to see if it is in there. I also bought single stamps from ebay when I first started stamping, not knowing the sets they came from.

Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Rebekka,
Love YOUR birdhouse card! I don't know the name of this set either. Stampin Up has made oodles and oodles of sets....it's impossible for me to keep up with those names!

I like your blog. :)