Followers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

At The Cross

This is for the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge # 45 "use stripes" Their scripture for today is Isaiah 53:5  (NIV) "But He was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace; And with His strips we were healed". 
I love the old hymns; they do not play nor sing them much any more in churches today but I still sing them. At the cross is one of my many favorites, it goes so well with the scripture today,  Alas and did my Savior bleed and did my sovereign die would He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I. It has always overwhelmed me with tear's that the Creator of the heavens and universe would strip Himself of His deity and put on the clothes of flesh, that He would allow His creation to beat and crucify Him so that by His death and resurrection we who believe on Him in Him may have ever lasting life. Some one Holy to die for some one so unholy, Some one clean to give up His life for some one unclean. -JESUS- no other name can cleanse, heal and save. Like the hymns, many feel Jesus is out of date, but there was  something in the name JESUS that had power to save me-deliver me-cleanse me. He is willing to save all who call on His Name, the question is are you willing to call upon that Name?

Supplies
words were computer generated, the cross is from Gina K Easter Blessings, design paper is basic grey.
tools: spellbinders
paper: Georgia Pacific and Gina K creme de menthe


Have a Blessed Day

21 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

A beautiful card, a beautiful verse, and even more beautiful thoughts, Rebekka!

Hugs,
Lisa

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Very dramatic and uplifting.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very pretty how you framed the verse with the flowers on this nesties shape.

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a beautiful card...thanks for sharing!

Miesje said...

Wonderful Becky, I love that DP with the verse. Your reflections is so very true.

Kathy Winter said...

Beautiful Cross Becky. Your card is lovely.

NancyK said...

so beautiful - love how you framed this verse!

Fiona said...

Inspirational as always, Becky - in both words and pictures! I've enjoyed catching up on the past couple of weeks' creations.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just gorgeous Becky!! The verse matches perfectly with Randi's verse this week!! Love the frame you used on the sentiment.
hugs,
Chris

Debsg said...

Lovely card, beautiful verse.

Emkay said...

Beautiful card. Those flowers are perfect.

seamom said...

Oh, Becky! your card is lovely.
I, too love the old hymns. I grew up in Cranston in a big house on a hill. One room was called the Music Room as that was where my Mom's piano was. One of my fondest, most lingering memories is of my Mom playing all those hymns as we sang along.

redwasher1 said...

Becky your card is beautiful and thank you for the comment on my Beacon of Hope card and I don't know if you know this but DP is a freebie at STV. It is called Stars and Stripes. Hugs

Kristine said...

A gorgeous card Rebekka!! Love that hymn--some of oldies are such "goodies" too as there words are so meaningful. Love that nestie shape and your flowers etc. Have a wonderful week! *Ü*

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautifully done! I love the flowers at the top and bottom of the sentiment!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

What a GORGEOUS card Becky!!!!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my AB pages!!!!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This is just so pretty, love to stop by and be at peace again, I hope that you are feeling better.

Danie M said...

Thanks once more for sharing the beauty of your cards, and your thoughts. I love reading your posts.

Ramona said...

Very pretty and thank you for reminding me once again today of the Lord and his greatness. I appreciate it. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Rebekka - this is a fabulous card and the sentiment is great! I love hymns too and the wonderful truths they remind us of! Your card is perfect for this weeks challenge! I do pray that you are recovering - you are in my prayers!! {{{hugs}}}

Michelle Forrest said...

Another gorgeous card!