Followers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Do not be Anxious


Philip 4:6 Say's "Do not be anxious about anything!" Those of us who have Christ are not to WORRY about anything. When my son was 5 years old he and I went out on Christmas Eve at 1 am to give a jump to a friends car who's battery had died. We were 30 miles from our house, there had been a terrible snow storm that night and I was driving a Volkswagen beetle - and some of you will remember they produced very little heat. When I had got done helping this person and drove for about a mile my car just shut off, I remember getting out of the car, my son snuggled in a blanket and seeing there was no one around, it was cold, windy and snowing and we were stranded on a country road. I remembered God's promise and said it out Loud "Lord you promised me to trust you and not to worry" I need help. And as soon as I had finished saying those words, a truck came around the corner not any truck but a tow truck :) and stopped and asked me if I needed help. This man towed my car all the way to my house free of charge.
God's promises are faithful and true but we must stand on those promises and believe that He loves us and will help us in the time of trouble.

This card is for the Stamp TV sketch challenge, This stamp is from Gina K"Sending Sunshine" by Teresa Momber. I stamped this on Gink K Luxury white, colored with copics, cut out with nesties. The design paper is K&C. For those who may wonder about the date on my cards :) I have reset this camera a dozen times but it seems to go back to the original settings, so I try and catch it and change it before I put the card up, "and some times I forget" like most of the time :).

I wanted to show the inside of this, it came out so pretty.

Have A Blessed Day

19 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a gorgeous card;
a beautiful story;
and i used to have the same trouble with my camera! i finally got a new one!

Holly said...

Wonderful card Becky - the papers are lovely and you've colored the flowers perfectly to match! Beautiful story you told of God's promise and your faith is a marvelous thing!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Isn't God great!!! God's tells us not to worry and yet we still do! Thanks for the reminder and thanks for sharing this gorgeous card!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Isn't God great! Your card is a gorgeous reminder to us not to worry!

jimlynn said...

Rebekka, this, again, is just gorgeous!

Crystal said...

This is, is, is GORGEOUS , Becky ! Always love your stories of God's faithfulness !

Irina said...

Very pretty card in spring colors!! LOVE the verse and your story!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Elisabeth said...

Another beautiful card, just lovely!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning, Beautiful work, Becky!

Lynn McAuley said...

Absolutely gorgeous, inside and out!!

Thanks, too, for sharing your wonderful story of faith!!

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

Jodi said...

This is a very pretty card! I love the colors and pretty papers you used! Your flowers are colored very pretty too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

JazzyH said...

Gorgeous!

Gardner's Basket said...

What a beautiful card. You colored the image beautifully. Such pretty ribbon too.

Grace said...

A wonderful card Becky and even better... the story! I cannot number the times God has "rescued" us from one thing or another! He is so good!!! I really appreciate your thoughts each day and it touches my heart to see the verse I submitted to the ODBD anniversary set being used! Thanks for all the inspiration and this card is beautiful inside and out!!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

so wow!

Susan said...

Oh I agree, the inside is beautiful and I am so glad you shared it with us. Thank you also for sharing your wonderful story of faith too.

Laurie said...

Beautiful card! I love how you did the inside! And what a great message! TFS!

Michelle Forrest said...

Beautiful card Becky! What a wonderful message!