Followers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring Time

It is a gorgeous day out today!!! After days of cold, snow, wind and rain; it is 55 degrees out sunny & clear. I love it!!

Well I can not believe it but tomorrow is my Birthday, "55". I have been thinking over my life, have I squandered my time on this earth? Have I glorified the Lord with the time He has given me? My motto for this phase of my life will be Phil 3:13 " Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." I am wise enough to know I can not change past mistakes, but to forgive others and forgive myself, and just keep moving on by the grace given me through Christ.

This is a technique I saw over at cuttlebug blog. just click and it will take you right there if you want to try it.
This is for the "Palspaperarts" It is run by some pretty fabulous Stampin up Demo's. So if you want to do challenges with stampin up stamps, try it out.

Stamp is Dear Friend by stamping up.

Blessings

19 comments:

seamom said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful card! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Your assessment of your life and what is left ahead of you is wonderful. It is a model for me certainly, and for all of us as we age. Phil. 3:13 is the perfect verse to focus on.
God bless you, Becky!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Becky, this is truly elegant simplicity at its best! What a gorgeous card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Becky, this is truly elegant simplicity at its best. Your card is gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this embossing technique - perfectly frames your image! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi becky! *big hugs* Firstly, your cards are so beautiful!! I always love your work. Secondly, thankyou for your sweet comments. In a nutshell, my BF and I were renting a home for the last 2 yrs and were planning on renewing when our landlady came down and informed us that it is going into a short sale/foreclosure. So we had to find another place. God has truly blessed us in this new home. I just love it. Sorry for not letting you know what was going on sooner! Have a great sunday!!

Tina said...

Stunning cards, you do lovely work!
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

littlethingsifind said...

How sweet! Love that ribbon!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card - you have done a fabulous job with this technique. And happy birthday to you!

Katie Cotton said...

this card is so so sweet!!!

Susan said...

What a beautiful card! It has a very classic and elegant look to it. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

GORGEOUS cas design. Love the colors!

redwasher1 said...

Your card is so elegant, beautiful job!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Becky first and foremost Happy Birthday! A few days late but the wishes are there for you always. May you have a wonderful year and better health. God has given you many blessings and will continue to do so. He is increasing your talent and expressing your love for Jesus in your beautiful creations and meditations.

You are still a 'young'n' I am 11 years your senior. Wiser? no just older!

Hugs and love,
Barb

Hazel B said...

Hello BEkky... I made it! heaven knows how.. but I am persistant if nothing else....lol..this is a lovely card right up my street crisp simple design... love it!

jimlynn said...

This is just breath-taking - So beautiful.

Dawn B. said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the softness with the striking colors on your image.. Very pretty. I hope you had a terrific birthday..

Paula said...

Happy Birthday! I should make this my verse too. It is so appropriate. Beautiful card. I have not tried this technique yet. It is on the to do list for another day.

JenMarie said...

Sooo lovely!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

I've always watned to try this...I just don't! Thanks for the inspiration!