Followers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rock a bye baby

Well it is time to go back to work. We shut down for a whole week during Christmas every year which is great in one way but bad in another, "I don't want to go back" :) I know I will love retirement, if I ever see it. "This is for Blast in the past" challenge that Lee is sponsoring over at stamp tv. This one is from a tutorial that Gina did on making bow's, or cheater bow's. And this is a cheater bow :). the bow is made with a bow easy and attached with a glue dot, you tie the main ribbon with a piece of thread so it will look like it is tied not glued. If you have problems like me, hop on over and watch the video. This also is for the challenge over at SSC, make a baby card.

This stamp is from Flourishes "rock a bye baby" colored with copics (which I need a lot more practice) why is it you never see all the flaws until after you have taken the picture and uploaded it?? the designer paper is stamping up, put half pearls as earrings and used my martha steward punch. Well that is it for now,
Have a blessed day

21 comments:

Sandi said...

So sweet! Will have to try making a bow like that.

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a sweet card! Great job (:

Lorie said...

What a sweet baby card. You sure managed to incorporate a lot of challenges with this one. I love the pearl earrings, and your paper choices bring everything together beautifully with that adorable image. Very nicely done! My first Copics are ordered, now if only I can figure out how to use them!

Love and blessings,
Lorie

Vicki said...

Awww, Becky, this is so sweet! Beautiful colors! And love that image! Hope things go smoothly for you at work. Blessings to you!

Cheryl said...

Very sweet.

Michelle Forrest said...

Gorgeous card!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

JazzyH said...

Cute!

Makiko Jones said...

Ohhhh this is so sweet! I don't have the set yet but it's been my wish list for a long time :)
Your coloring and the mix of DPs are just perfect!

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey Rebekka! I so love this image and your coloring of it is so awesome! I love everything about the card. I also wanted to let you know that I came up with a way to actually use the Bow Easy and attach your bow to the ribbon without the hassle of using thread. Here is the link to that tutorial on my blog:

http://curtsplayhouse.blogspot.com/2009/10/wednesday-evening-post.html

Hope you like this hint! Best, Curt

Christine Riley said...

What a darling card! I love that image and the papers you chose are just perfect. So sweet!
Hugs, Christine :)

MiamiKel said...

This is darling, Rebekkah - so soft and lovely! I hope to play along this week! And LOVE your new avi photo, too! Blessings!

Gina said...

How ute, love the way you colored this, It's very pretty. I am going to have to go and watch that video, sometimes, I am bow challenged.

Maria Matter said...

what a sweet image, great design Becky!
Blessings, Maria

TexasGrammy said...

How sweet!
Now you've got me humming a lullabye!

Happy New Year!
~Bev

Lynn Mercurio said...

Lovely Rebekkah - I've always loved this image...there is something just so sweet about the thought of a baby wrapped in the glow of the moon, drifting off to sleep. You did a fantastic job with the challenge.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my!! This is just as darling as can be!! I love that image and your coloring is so stunning!! TFS! HUGS

Debsg said...

A cute card. Love the colouring.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this image. You did a beautiful job on this creation.

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous card! love the layout and the image, and you did a wonderful job on the colouring.

Kristine said...

What a sweet sweet image Becky! LOVE your dp that you used here as well!! Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges *Ü*

Susan said...

Really sweet card Becky.