Followers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praying for you

Many times people will say "I am praying for you" But do they really pray? Because if we were really praying we would see major changes. Look at James 5:16-18 to the secret of prayer.
"Confess your trespasses to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on on the land for 3 years and 6 months. Notice the words Effective, Fervent, Righteous.. We are a microwave society we want everything quick, hurry and fast. But real prayer takes real work. It is not throwing a few words up at God, Heal her, save her ect. It is coming to worship a King, coming with praises and thanks giving and then supplication, (to ask humbly of) . I pray that God would give His people a heart to pray.

Well this is for the Stamp TV color challenge, brown, white, and red. If you have never been over there check it out. Stamp TV is created by Gina K. she has step by step videos, many different challenges and the folks over there are absolute angels :).

What's In the Mix..
Stamp: Easter Blessing by Rupa Shevde at Gina K,
Paper: Gina K luxury white, design paper, and brown base is Stamping up. I know the brown looks a little greenish, but its brown. I have to learn to take better pictures and learn adobe better. :)
Stamped image with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with copics, used nesties, fancy tags.

Well until next time, "God Willing"
Have a blessed Day

19 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card Rebekka - the lily looks so pretty in those warm yellows.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!
Your comments about the casual "I'll pray for you" are so true. I wonder about others who say that to me, and when I say it, because my memory isn't what it used to be, I quickly do pray at least that once via an "arrow prayer" (quick, direct and runs like an arrow to the throne of God). There was a time when my prayers were "Effective, Fervent, Righteous". Thank you for your convicting words...

Michelle Forrest said...

Another gorgeous card Rebekka!

Thank you for the beautiful, beautiful card! I am terrible at checking my mail box lately and just checked the mail this morning! 3 days worth of bills and junk mail and a beautiful card and note from you! The other mail got tossed on the table and yours got opened immediately! Thank you so much!

I hope everything is going better for you. Know that you are on my mind and in thoughts often!

(Hugs)
~m

Linda's Craziness said...

Beautiful card. Love how you put the notations of prayer in your blog. God Bless you.

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! This is just perfect.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh so beautiful!! What a stunning card Becky!! Love your image!! HUGS

Paula said...

First let me say ..Yowza! What a beautiful blog banner photo!
Prayer takes time and commitment and often people are not willing to invest these things to see fruit. What lovely words to post and what a lovely card!

Natalie Michaud-Lee said...

I love the important message, and the wonderful shape it is placed on!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Absolutely stunning, Becky!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful card!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful (as always) I am an admirer of your work.

Gina said...

Great words to remember. Love the coloring on this card!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card hun!!! Love it :)

Hope you are enjoying your day!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Becky, this is beautiful. I love the rich, red tone and your layout is so elegant.

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Beautiful card! I love the rich colors you used on this one!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Becky!! Love your colors and the layout!! Very rich and elegant. Gorgeous coloring of your image.
hugs,
Chris

Dawn B. said...

What a great post. I always wonder that too..I love your coloring. It is beautiful..

Michelle said...

The things that make you go hmmm...wonderful card!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, that is really pretty!