Followers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Candy

When I say this rub on I just had to get it, it reminded me so of my very younger years of the neighbor hood candy stores, you know, the ones that everything cost a penny, and the candy was much bigger then too. The day after Christmas we would run down to the candy shop with our big quarters that we received for Christmas and get a bag of all kinds of penny candy. Squirrel nuts, mary janes, koolaid straws, jawbreakers, log rolls, shoe lace licorices, rock candy, bubble gum. It was one of the best parts of Christmas, getting a whole quarter to spend the way you wanted. And we all wanted Candy.

This was done with a rub on I got from Micheals for a dollar, used Gina K luxury white, liquid applique, gold embossed Joy, used photo corners that I have had since last year, dp is gold foil from K co.

Well have a blessed day


13 comments:

Martha said...

its wonderful

Jodi said...

Very pretty card! Such a cute image!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Stampin'GHmom said...

Great card and I enjoyed the story as well. Love the snow!

Jennie said...

This is so sweet! Great job Rebekka!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the multiple layers of your sentiment tag. Nice Christmas card.

Lorie said...

Hi Becky!
What a great card and a great Christmas memory! I had a ball looking through the cards you've posted, but I didn't comment on each one. You are cranking out some gorgeous creations!! Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas to you!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Such a cute and beautiful card! Perfect for this time of year! Great job!

Crafty Creations said...

Very pretty! I love the layers and layers of circles with the sentiment and the background paper!!
Maria

Curt in Carmel said...

Gosh, thanks for sharing that beautiful memory! Honestly, just reading it, I felt as if I was transported to the scene you were writing about. So awesome! I want to wish you a very beautiful Christmas, and a blessed and prosperous New Year! Best, Curt

Paula said...

Just stopping by to wish you a merry and blessed Christmas! I'm with ya on everything except the squirrel nuts. You'll have to show me what those are like. I just don't remember them.

Pat (mspfd) said...

OMG, what a fun rub on. Reminded me of sweet childhood memories too. Now who doesn't love penny candy!

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Rebekka this is a BEAUTIFUL card...and Congrats girl on the win!!! I came by to THANK YOU for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment...Look at the treat I received!!!!! I pray your family have a beatiful Christmas Celebration!!

Heather said...

Adorable!