Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grandmothers Wisdom

Well it is raining cats and dogs here in RI and still very cool, I will be glad when we get some warm weather.
My grandmother who has long passed away was the spiritual matriarch of the family. She was a walking book of proverbs. One was a glass of water half filled, she asked me, "what do you see" is it half empty or half full? Because what you see today is how you will see tomorrows trials and troubles all your life! With God in your life that glass is half full, you have hope, you have trust in the Savior that called you by name to be His that through all your trials and troubles there is a divine purpose and though it may not feel good it will do good for us who believe. I saw that glass half full and in all my trials I had a spirit of joy because I had a divine well that would never run dry, I never saw my life as going empty but being filled up by the power of God's almighty Spirit that dwells in me because I believed.
Stamp by Stamping Up "Paris in Spring" colored with markers (bic) stickles, liquid pearls on the dog, crystal effects on the scooter and glasses.
Have a Blessed Day

22 comments:

Jennifer Talley said...

This is very cute Becky! I love the little poodle! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your grandmother was one wise women!!! I strive to trust and have an optomistic Christian attitude!! Your card is fabulous!! Love how you used the pink in the bacground and the bright green on your image panel!! Your coloring is fabulous and the image is so cute!!
blessings,
Chris

Gina said...

This is great, I love the different panels. That little doggie is too cute!

I miss my grandmother so much on some days, she passed on some very important lessons and words of wisdom that I try to remember to put into practice on a daily basis.

Holly said...

I like your grandma! I like your card too; it's really a fun image. I like how you did the puffs of exhaust. I wish I had your cool weather. It's 90 degrees here and I'm sweltering.

Angie Williams said...

Darling card and great philosophy.

MiamiKel said...

Aw, your gradmother was a wise woman! Beautiful card!

Maria Matter said...

This is all sooo true!
Now how about that glass overflowing!!!
This is a fantastic card Becky, great colors and fun image!
Have a day filled with the Spirit of joy!
Blessings, Maria

Jackie said...

Great card Becky & love the layout! tfs!!!

Cr8ive ME said...

super cute card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

xiumaiyuki said...

How chic is she? Love the pink scooter! Perfect color for this card.

You've inherited the greatest gift from your grandmother. Thank you for sharing it with us! :)

Maria said...

So true, Becky! Your grandmother was a wise woman!! I see myself repeating all the things my grandmother taught me when I was a child to my own children!!

Hey. . I haven't seen that SU set used for so long!! I still have that set! Your card is awesome. Beautiful job on your coloring and fabulous color combo too!!

Maria

Claudia Rosa said...

fabulous card. i love what you have written about your grandmother!
god bless you

claudia

Denise (peanutbee) said...

GREAT card!

Joanne Travis said...

ooh la la, so chic!
I've always loved this set, so cute and fun!!

CoveredInCrafts said...

Awesome card!! Yours coloring is always spot on!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Lovely card Becky and message!

Scrapping Julie said...

what a cute card.
and what an incredibly smart woman!
i really miss my grandma

Michelle Forrest aka transprntbutterfly said...

Very cute card Becky. Your grandma was a very wise woman.

So, what did you decide on the markers?

(hugs)

Judi M said...

Nice story to go along with this cute card. I especially like how you've placed the poodle in a circle in the bottom left corner. Makes a great layout that way.

Scrubbysue said...

Hahahahahaha...what a CUTE card!! I love it!

Leslie said...

Cute little card

Cindy said...

What a great card!! I love the vibrant colors that you chose!!