Followers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day

Today is Fathers Day, and though many celebrate their love for their Fathers, there are many who do not have one. I grew up with out a real father, and yet I have the best Father of all! God! Who has been a good and faithful Father to me, it is He that raised me and trained me in the way to go, and He blessed me with a gift of faith not only to believe His Word to me but His leading by the Holy Spirit. My Father is the first one I speak to in the morning and the last one I speak to at night, I look up to Him, I seek Him for counsel, I share with Him all my hurts and fears, I want Him to be proud of me, I do not want to bring shame to His Name, when I do wrong He is the first one I go to, for He see's every thing I do and there is no sense of thinking you can hide anything from Him :). And as the world celebrates their fathers today, those of you who do not have one, remember, God is our Father, and we are daughters of a King..

Recipe: I used 2 stamping up stamps to make this, "Organic grace" and "garden silhouettes", they were embossed, used my nesties, MS punch, and basic Grey dp

Have a blessed day

31 comments:

MiamiKel said...

It's always a joy to visit your blog, Becky - and this card is no exception. It's stunning!

Ann said...

Beautiful card and beautiful thoughts for this Father's Day.

Gina said...

Oh this is really gorgeous! I love the colors and you did a great job combining the images.

Vicki said...

Just a stunning card! Beautiful colors! And a beautiful post today, too. I can only add...AMEN! Blessings to you!

Crafty Creations said...

This is very beautiful! Love the colors!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful card Becky! Thanks for sharing!

BananaStamper said...

Very nice card! Beautiful image and I love the patterned paper.

Shanna :)

Paula said...

Great words today! You pulled off an excellent masculine card with florals. How wonderful is that?

Janelle said...

Oh I love the dp! Great job on the card. Love the inspiration you bring to your posts!

Michelle said...

This is GORGEOUS! OMG!! I love it!! TFS!

Anjou Krelovich said...

lovely card and lovely colors! TFS!

Leslie said...

Awesome color combo! Great job!

Michelle Forrest aka transprntbutterfly said...

Absolutely stunning card Becky!

Scrapping Julie said...

lovely message. your card is beautiful!

Claudia Rosa said...

This is gorgeous dear Rebekka. Love the layout and the colours you've used just so very pretty.

Thank you sweetie also for ALWAYS leaving me the sweetest comments on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Karen from PA said...

This is beautiful, Becky.

Sara said...

Beautiful card, love your color combo!

Martha said...

just beautiful!

Robin Feicht said...

Lovely card! and encouraging, true thoughts.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantastic masculine card. Even with the flower, it screams manly. Awesome job.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Okay, I'm lovin' EVERYTHING about this card!!....the color combo, the sheer polka dot ribbon, the doily punch, and your stamp choice. BEAUTIFUL!

laos348 said...

This card came out gorgeous! I like the colors and the overall design.

Heidi said...

Very pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Becky!!! Love the purple with the dotted ribbon and lacey punch!! Very elegant!

Diane said...

Very well said, and so very true, too. What a nice reminder to us all that we all have a "father" we can always count on no matter what...great card and post for this day...thanks for sharing!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Sorry I missed this Becky, it is truly a lovely card and wonderful message to know our heavenly Father is always there for us.
Hugs!

Jennifer Talley said...

This is pretty, I really like the colors!

Jamie said...

Love the lilac and brown together, never would have pick it, but it looks so good together.
My daughter's biological father doesn't have anything to do with her and I remember a few years ago and country song came out about a boy and his father who was never there. The ending of the song was the boy sitting in church and realizing that he always had a father that loved him more than words could express. That song truely touched my heart and my daughter still has it on her I-pod
Thanks for sharing.

Scrubbysue said...

This is beautiful! I love that DP!

Cr8ive ME said...

beautiful card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Katy said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors you used.