Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peace Be Still





Peace is something we all look for in this life, and this stamp set reminds me of the peace of God, how all of us who are in Christ are blessed with peace knowing that God sits on the throne and is in control of all things on this earth. All we have to do is stay close to Him and trust Him, and "Peace will be still" in us.

This is the cuttlebug Challenge #5, you had to use transparencies. What a night mare :), I have been making cards for only a few months, so I am still learning a lot, tape shows up through transparencies, hard to stick glitter on them. So I used SU white craft ink to rub against the dots, had a time stamping on the black, can you believe I own 6 clear embossing powders :), but no white. I scanned this and it does not look that good, I am going to take a picture of it, hopefully it will look come out better.

13 comments:

Ann said...

I think this turned out wonderfully! :D

Loretta Rodger said...

Just beautiful!

Heidi said...

this is very pretty!

Susan said...

This is really neat. I love the embossed transparency in front of the trees. Looks like snow falling.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I think it is lovely and your message is a blessing!

I didn't try this challenge because I have never worked with Transparencies and with all going on here, now is not the time for me to experiment.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card and message of Peace!
Hugs!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

I luv the tree card..very nice! *~*

Kentucky Paper Kreations said...

Wow! Beautiful card and message!

Robin

Jackie said...

This is very pretty and I like these colors together!!

Alison Anderson said...

This is one of my favorite stamps sets! Good job!

HeathersHobby said...

Beautiful message and great story. You picture is missing right now. I can't wait to see it, though!

P_JBettencourt said...

very nice designs


Stampershusband
www.juliabettencourt.com/blog

Kelly L aka Littlekel90 said...

I believe it turned out beautifully, too. I think the dots from the swiss dot folder look like snow "peacefully" falling around the dormant winter trees. Definitely one of my favorite stamp sets. :) Keep up the good work, and don't be so hard on yourself. Kel

Elizabeth said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the white dots on the transparency. How did you do that?